Warren Caesar ~ New Instructor/Director of the San Clemente Auto Academy
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
As a twenty two year resident of the High Desert, Mr. Caesar comes to the Capistrano Unified school District with well over thirty years' experience in the automotive industry; over the past three decades. Mr. Caesar has been employed by such agencies as Ford, Toyota, Honda/Acura Motor Corporation and level of Master Technician through ASE Certification Program and Precision Technician through Honda/Acura Motor Corporation. Mr. Caesar owned and operated an Independent Auto Repair facility in Cathedral City California for six years, then sold it in 2005 to go into education for the Morongo Unified School District and Local community college. Mr. Caesar currently holds a clear level 1 and level 2 Designated Subject Teaching Credential through California State University San Bernardino, also State Credential for ELA/ELD instruction and forty-five hours of SADIE instructional training. Mr. Caesar is looking forward to being a foundational part of our student's educational process, as well as a supportive member of our community.
Please join us in welcoming Mr. Caesar to the community, and to the Capistrano Unified School District.
The San Clemente Auto Tech Partnership Academy is one of over 300 California Partnership Academies. The ATPA is funded and operates in accordance with the requirements of Education Code 54690-54697. The California Academy model grew out of the Philadelphia Academies that began in the 1960s, and spread to California in the early 1980s.
The ATPA, which was the first CUSD state-funded academy, began in 1998. It incorporates many of the recommendations of the high school reform movement including creating a close family-like atmosphere, integrating academic and career-technical education, and establishing viable business partnerships. Academies throughout the nation and the state have been evaluated extensively and have been found to have positive impacts on students’ school performance.
The Auto Tech Academy is a three-year program, in grades 10-12, structured as a school-within-a-school incorporating:
- Curriculum focused on automotives as a career theme, coordinated with academic classes;
- A voluntary student selection process that identifies interested ninth graders;
- A team of teachers and staff who work together to plan and implement the program;
- An extensive list of active business partners who provide financial, technical, and advisory support;
- A variety of motivational activities including parental support, a well-developed reward structure, guest speakers, field trips, a mentor program, work experience, and regular monitoring of progress with feedback to students.
2012 Shirt Ceremony ~ Thank you Tuttle Click Capistrano Ford!