order your college banner!
We want to honor your university acceptance by offering customized banners that will be on display in the library through the end of the school year and then at graduation. They can be picked up following graduation for you to keep!
$60 with advanced purchase by April 15th
$75 until the deadline on May 20th
Click here to place your order: http://goo.gl/forms/06uEsCVlNy
(Sample College Banner Below)
The AVID Program
Students Becoming Competitive College Candidates
- Ninety-four percent of all AVID students nationwide are on track to meet four-year university admission requirements.
- Ninety-four percent of all AVID students nationwide report enrolling in college, 77% in four-year institutions and 17% in community colleges. This is a four-year college going rate three times higher than the California state average.
AVID Mission Statement:
The mission of AVID is to ensure that all students - especially those on a college preparatory path...
- will succeed in the most rigorous curriculum,
- will enter mainstream activities of the school,
- will attend four-year universities,
- will become responsible participants and leaders in a democratic society.
Why AVID Works:
- AVID places motivated students in a rigorous curriculum while providing academic and emotional support.
- AVID emphasizes time-management and goal-setting skills to succeed in school and in life.
- AVID develops a gifted team of students for positive peer tutoring.
- AVID redefines the teacher's role as a student advocate and a personal-success coach.
Today's students are growing up in a complex society filled with many challenges. AVID gives determined students support, friendship, and skills to be successful and responsible in life.
SCHS AVID Website
Click here for more information on the San Clemente High School AVID Program!