The AVID Program
Students Becoming Competitive College Candidates
- Ninety-four percent of all AVID students nationwide are on track to meet four-year university admission requirements.
- Ninety-four percent of all AVID students nationwide report enrolling in college, 77% in four-year institutions and 17% in community colleges. This is a four-year college going rate three times higher than the California state average.
AVID Mission Statement:
The mission of AVID is to ensure that all students - especially those on a college preparatory path...
- will succeed in the most rigorous curriculum,
- will enter mainstream activities of the school,
- will attend four-year universities,
- will become responsible participants and leaders in a democratic society.
Why AVID Works:
- AVID places motivated students in a rigorous curriculum while providing academic and emotional support.
- AVID emphasizes time-management and goal-setting skills to succeed in school and in life.
- AVID develops a gifted team of students for positive peer tutoring.
- AVID redefines the teacher's role as a student advocate and a personal-success coach.
Today's students are growing up in a complex society filled with many challenges. AVID gives determined students support, friendship, and skills to be successful and responsible in life.