2017-18 AVID Recruitment
The deadline to submit your application is April 3rd, 2016. Once you have submitted, you are signed up to attend the group interviews on Thursday, April 20th at 6pm in the AVID room # S4 (building closest to Albertson's).
Required documents (bring to interview date):
- Copy of your transcript
- Test scores
- A one-page typed response regarding why you would like to join AVID
- Teacher evaluation (submitted electronically by your teacher--you will need your teacher's email address for online application)
You are responsible for making contacting Ms. Dollar at email@example.com if you cannot make the scheduled interview.
TEACHERS: Submit your student evaluation here!
The AVID Program
Students Becoming Competitive College Candidates
- Ninety-four percent of all AVID students nationwide are on track to meet four-year university admission requirements.
- Ninety-four percent of all AVID students nationwide report enrolling in college, 77% in four-year institutions and 17% in community colleges. This is a four-year college going rate three times higher than the California state average.
AVID Mission Statement:
The mission of AVID is to ensure that all students - especially those on a college preparatory path...
- will succeed in the most rigorous curriculum,
- will enter mainstream activities of the school,
- will attend four-year universities,
- will become responsible participants and leaders in a democratic society.
Why AVID Works:
- AVID places motivated students in a rigorous curriculum while providing academic and emotional support.
- AVID emphasizes time-management and goal-setting skills to succeed in school and in life.
- AVID develops a gifted team of students for positive peer tutoring.
- AVID redefines the teacher's role as a student advocate and a personal-success coach.
Today's students are growing up in a complex society filled with many challenges. AVID gives determined students support, friendship, and skills to be successful and responsible in life.